Showing 1–20 of 101 results
Cleaning marble worktops
MARBLE WORKTOP MAINTENANCE
- As marble is softer than other natural stone worktops, it’s recommended to always use a chopping board.
- Marble worktops are naturally porous. They will also require annual resealing to prevent stains and spillages from being absorbed.
How do i choose a marble worktop?
A firm favourite in the kitchen world, marble worktops are great for those who like to be more unique with their style. No two pieces are ever the same, so you can be confident your kitchen work surface is exclusive to you.
Pros of marble worktops:
– Marble worktops can increase the value of your home.
– They are unique.
– Softer than other natural stones, marble is easier to work with, so if you’ve got an elaborate design in mind, it’s a great choice.
– Famed for a cool surface temperature, marble worktops are a favourite among bakers.
Cons of a marble worktop:
– It can be expensive.
– It’s very heavy. If you plan to fit the worktops yourself, you’re going to need backup. You also need to be mindful of the strength in your cupboards and be sure they can take the weight.
– Marble is naturally porous which can make it susceptible to staining. To avoid problems, you’ll need to reseal annually and stay on top of spillages to prevent fluids from being absorbed.
Average price for marble worktops: typically one of the more pricey materials for kitchen worktops, you can still find options starting from £200, although the top end of the scale is closer to £1000 per square metre.
Does a marble worktop compliment granite?
Granite and marble worktops have been top picks as worktop material for a long time. But seldom do we see the two materials adorn countertops together in one room. It is usually one type of stone or the other.
If granite worktop is chosen, then it is granite all the way. But we have to ask ourselves, can these two materials exist as countertops together in a single space? The answer is a simple “yes”. There is no written rule that says the contrary, but there are suggestions that can be followed when deciding to use these two stones as countertops to ensure you made the right choice. Read On our blog